We must explain to you how all seds this mistakens idea off denouncing pleasures and praising pain was born and I will give you a completed accounts of the system and expound.
123/A, Miranda City Likaoli Prikano, Dope United States
+0989 7876 9865 9
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is an assisted reproductive technology (ART) that involves retrieving eggs from the ovaries of a woman and fertilizing them with the sperms outside the body of the woman. When the eggs get fertilized, they can be transferred to a woman’s uterus or kept frozen for later use.
Some major steps of IVF are performed in vitro (in the laboratory), that’s why the name In Vitro Fertilization. A combination of surgical procedures and medicines are used that helps sperms fertilize the eggs and later implant them in the uterus. The fertilized egg is called an embryo.
IVF is a fertility treatment that helps with fertilization, embryo development and implantation. The five major steps in IVF include the following-
- The doctor provides certain fertility drugs to boost a woman’s egg production. In this step, the doctor will perform a transvaginal ultrasound to examine ovaries. Also, some blood tests are recommended to check the hormonal levels.
- For retrieving eggs, the doctor will perform a minor surgery called follicular aspiration, in which the eggs are removed from the woman’s body. It is done under the influence of anaesthesia. A thin needle is inserted through the vagina into the ovary sacs, called follicles that contain eggs. The suction bottle connected with the needle will pull the eggs and fluid out of each follicle. This process is repeated for the other ovary as well.
- For insemination, the best quality eggs and sperms are mixed in an environmentally controlled chamber (in vitro condition). Often, the sperm fertilizes an egg within a few hours after insemination. If the chances of natural fertilization are less, the doctor may directly inject the sperm into the egg. This is called intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
- When the fertilized egg starts dividing, it becomes an embryo. Our laboratory staff keeps an eye on the embryo to check if it is growing properly. If things go smooth, within five days, the embryo comprises several cells that are dividing actively.
- Healthy embryo is transferred into the woman’s womb within 3 to 5 days after egg retrieval and fertilization. The doctor will insert a thin tube (catheter) that contains an embryo inside the woman’s womb through the cervix. Pregnancy results if the embryo sticks in the lining of the womb and starts growing. The doctor may place more than one embryo into the womb to improve the results.
The number of embryos transferred depends upon different factors, especially woman’s age and quality of embryos.
IVF proves beneficial if any one of the couples is having fertility issues such as-
IVF is recommended only when the other methods of fertility like medications, surgery, and IUI have failed. However, in the cases of complete tubal blockage, IVF is the only method left to make a woman pregnant.
Certain risks associated with IVF include the following-